Walmart Sales Associate Quick Facts
|Industry||General Merchandise Store, Discount|
|Competitors||Target, Costco, Kmart, Carrefour|
|Average Hourly Salary||$8.85|
|Average Annual Salary||$17,842|
- Basic grasp of mathematics; ability to determine the number of individual things in a group or a unit
- Basic writing and reading skills
- Provides remarkable customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Promptly answer customer calls.
- Ability to operate a cash register.
- Follow proper procedure for handling claims.
- Be knowledgeable about all sections of the store and products within each department.
- Apparel associate should be knowledgeable about fitting room procedures, sizing, colors, and rack rules.
- Ensure that merchandise is properly labeled and priced.
- Replenish stock from the warehouse.
- Promptly clean all spills. Keep the floor clear of objects.
- Follow all safety and emergency rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all displays are secured properly.
Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions
- Describe a time you provided excellent customer service. What did you do to please the customer?
- If you observed a fellow employee doing something illegal, what would you do about it?
- What are your strengths?
- Name a time you had problems working on a team. What was the problem, how did you resolve it, and what was the outcome?
- What is one thing you would change about yourself?
- Describe in detail an occassion where you had to breach a company policy in order to achieve a successful resolution in a difficult situation.
- Name a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.
- Why do you want to work for Walmart?
- Are you comfortable working with people of different ethnicities?
- Tell us about a bad experience you had with a manager. How did you handle it?
- Can you work nights and holidays?
- What did you like least about your previous employer?
- Describe a time you had to deal with an irate customer. How did you resolve the problem?
- Describe a situation where you disagreed or didn’t get along with a co-worker.
Walmart Sales Associate Job Description
At Walmart, we do things differently. Always have. Our entrepreneurial spirit drove us to become the largest retailer in the world and we’re growing and innovating every day. Every associate can make a positive difference and get noticed. What’s more, career mobility at Walmart is legendary. Our associates seize the many opportunities to grow within the company, sometimes even taking their talent to other parts of the world.