Gap Sales Associate Quick Facts
|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA|
|Competitors||J. Crew, American Eagle Outfitters, Abercrombie & Fitch|
|Average Hourly Salary||$8.59|
|Average Annual Salary||$17,176|
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Enthusiastic and/or knowledgeable about current fashion trends
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Are able to lift up to 30lbs while maneuvering through the store
- Strong communication, problem solving, and time management skills
- Plus: Previous experience in retail or customer service
- Confidently and proactively help resolve issues for customers and balance a number of customers in a busy retail environment.
- Contribute to a constructive work environment by consistently treating all Gap Brand workers and shoppers with respect.
- Discern the Gap Brand and goods from competitors with genuine associations with our customers.
- Deliver results to contribute to the store’s success. Are conscious of and accountable to store and individual goals and results.
- Maintain store expectations to improve customer shopping experience.
- Demonstrate a great degree of integrity and impose/maintain all company policies and communicate violations to the leadership team.
- Accomplish floor replenishment and transport as needed to guarantee client satisfaction and size availability.
Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions
- Interviewer may ask you to put an outfit together.
- Interviewer may select a random product and ask you to sell it to him/her.
- What does customer service mean to you? Describe a time you received bad customer service.
- Describe the “look” of the clothing that Gap sells.
- How would you break the ice with a customer?
- What would you do if you saw a customer in the process of shoplifting? What would you do if it were a staff member?
- Are you comfortable selling Gap cards?
- How would you persuade a customer to sign up for a Gap card?
- What is your favorite piece of clothing and why?
- Why do you want to work at Gap?
- How do you keep up with the latest trends and styles?
- How would you handle a lot of customers wanting to use the fitting room?
- Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it.
- What do you consider to be “fashionable” or popular trends?
- Pretend the interviewer is a customer. How would you go about assisting him from when he walks through the door to when he walks out?
- How would you help a customer who needed assistance finding a gift?
Gap Sales Associate Job Description
Gap Sales Associates love the brand, love our products, and are passionate about bringing those products to life for our customers. Sales Associates work as members of the store team to lead a positive customer and brand experience, while being BOLD, EASY, and REAL. Gap Sales Associates follow our founder’s legacy of doing what they love- serving our customers and the communities in which they work and live. Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority. We work as a team, and team members are expected to perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the leader on duty or as needed to ensure overall customer satisfaction.