Best Buy Sales Associate Quick Facts
|Industry||Consumer Electronics, Appliances|
|Competitors||Amazon, Apple, Costco, Walmart|
|Average Hourly Salary||$9.70|
|Average Annual Salary||$19,475|
- 16 years old
- 6 months experience of customer service or retail sales
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. standing and moving
- Plus: High school diploma or equivalent
- Relationship selling products, services and solutions by getting to know customers and helping solve their unique end to end needs.
- Asking lifestyle questions to thoroughly understand customer needs, offers relevant services, solutions, and accessories so customer can make informed decision to complete their purchase.
- Utilize all relevant sales tools to drive profitable growth.
- Leverages on-line resources, tools, and peer knowledge to self train.
- Attends and participate in all required trainings and meetings.
- Understands and executes store shrink plan.
Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions
- Interviewer will hand you a pen and ask you to sell it to him.
- Why do you want to work at Best Buy?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Many customers come to the store to look at products in person, but go home to purchase them online. How would you persuade a customer to purchase a product here while they are in the store instead of purchasing it online from another company?
- How would you handle multiple customers asking questions at the same time?
- Why should we hire you?
- Can you work holidays and weekends?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- If you had one customer who was excited about a product, and next to him was someone who was vocally upset about the same product, how would you help the second person with his problem while ensuring the excited customer remain so?
- Tell me something you have done better at your previous job.
- Tell me about a time when a customer was upset and how you dealt with it.
- How do you know when to close a sale with a customer?
Best Buy Sales Associate Job Description
The most important part of providing exceptional customer service for the world’s largest consumer electronics retailer is offering the very best experience to our customers! Our Sales Associates are the very face of Best Buy employment, and their performance has a huge impact on company performance and customer perceptions. That’s why we choose our Sales Associates carefully. Our Sales Associates must possess a curiosity and eagerness to solve the customer’s needs while at the same time develop and foster long-term, trusting relationships with our customers. To ensure your success, you will be supported with an intensive orientation and ongoing training program to help you achieve great results. You will have the opportunity to develop your communication skills, detail orientation and build on your natural talents and strengths in a high-energy, value-based environment.