JCPenney Sales Associate Quick Facts
|Average Hourly Salary||$8.51|
|Average Annual Salary||$17,152|
- Have great people skills and excel at working in a team environment
- Be passionate about retail and sales items
- Teach customers. When customers have a question, give them information about the product.
- Help customers. It’s your job to make their shopping experience the best it can be.
- Maintain product presentation. You should be excellent at making our products look amazing.
- Replenish products on the store floor. Be aware of when stock is low and restock things so that customers can always find what they’re looking for.
- Be conducive to a learning environment. Help your fellow associates grow in their skills.
JCPenney Sales Associate Interview Questions
- What industries have you worked in before?
- Name a time where you played a leadership role.
- Explain your most difficult customer and how you handled them.
- Pretend like you’re dealing with an angry customer.
- How would you handle a difficult situation if you were pressured to do something dishonest by a customer or employee?
- Do you think competition between coworkers is healthy?
- How do you feel about approaching customers?
- How do your plans for education align with JCPenney’s goals and mission?
- What can you contribute to our JCPenney store environment?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- How is your time management?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Describe yourself in two words.
- Why should we hire you?
JCPenney Sales Associate Job Description
Do you like serving customers and doing everything you can to make them happy? Do you have a passion for Jewelry, Furniture, or Window design? Do you like being known as the most knowledgeable person in your area of expertise? Do you like being a part of something that’s never been done before? Well… being a Sales Associate at JCPenney might be the position for you! The Sales Associate’s role is to be the resident guru around all things jewelry, furniture, or windows in the entire store. You know these products inside and out and love educating the customer on how your merchandise can enrich their lives.