Old Navy Sales Associate Quick Facts
|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA|
|Competitors||Kohl's, Hollister, American Eagle Outfitters|
|Average Hourly Salary||$8.34|
|Average Annual Salary||$17,347|
In order to qualify to become a sales associate at Old Navy, you must have strong skills in the following: time management, communication, influence. You are able to understand a customer’s wants and needs and help them solve issues. Previous customer service or retail sales experience preferred. You must be able to lift up to 30 pounds safely and can move around the store. Enthusiastic and familiar about current trends in fashion is a big bonus (for example, be an expert on new fashion products). Have the confidence to make small talk with customers. Flexible to work weekends, nights, open and close the store as the business requires. Last but not least, you should be a team player.
Old Navy sales associates are responsible for helping customers understand how unique our products are in comparison to our competitors. They create sales and customer relationship opportunities by utilizing resources like store promotions. Influence customer to buy products by giving them information such as fabric, washing instructions, style, price, and fit. Hold integrity in the highest regard and let management know of any violations. Be aware of monthly goals and contribute to them. Maintain the standards of the store floor and restock items as soon as necessary to ensure the best customer experience. Set an example for new sales associates by providing amazing customer service.
Old Navy Sales Associate Interview Questions
- What do you love the most about your best friend?
- When was the last time you surprised someone and how?
- What was a time when you had to take charge?
- Sell me the Old Navy credit card.
- What was a time when you had to go above and beyond to get something done?
- If you could be a fruit, what would you be?
- Why are you awesome?
- Why do you want to work for Old Navy?
- Tell me about a time where you worked to overcome an unexpected obstacle.
- Tell me about your previous experience being part of a team and how you worked with others.
- What makes you stand out from other employees?
- What is your fashion style?
- Go around the store and prepare an outfit
- What is your weakness?
Old Navy Sales Associate Job Description
Old Navy Associates love the brand, love our products, and are passionate about bringing those products to life for our customers. Sales Associates work as members of the store team to lead a positive customer and brand experience, while being BOLD, EASY, and REAL. Old Navy Associates follow our founder’s legacy of doing what they love- serving our customers and the communities in which they work and live. Providing our customers with an optimal shopping experience is our #1 priority. We work as a team, and team members are expected to perform a variety of cross-functional tasks as assigned by the leader on duty or as needed to ensure overall customer satisfaction.